Komedia is an enterprising, independent and expanding business that invests in its staff. If you would like to work in a organisation that is a vital and enduring part of Brighton’s entertainment landscape, please watch this space and follow our Facebook and Twitter feeds where vacancies are regularly posted.
Head Duty Manager
Salary Range: £22-26k pro rata plus company benefits (dependant on experience)
Part Time: 30 hours per week average
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced events manager to join the friendly Komedia team and work in the exciting atmosphere of an award winning comedy and live entertainment venue.
The Head Duty Manager is responsible for the smooth running of Komedia’s performances, maintaining a high quality of customer experience and acts as line manager to all staff during events. The majority of the hours will be worked in the evening and weekends with Saturday being the prime event of the week.
· Run and be ultimately responsible for Komedia’s events:
This includes managing all aspects of the operation on the night including: staffing, promoter/artist liaison, customer service, FOH, security, ticketing, marketing (including announcements), and supporting security when required.
· Deal with any issues that arise on the night and liaise with the Operations Manager on issues that are not possible to resolve.
· Assist the Operations Manager in running the security department. Ensuring any issues that arise in the evening are passed on and dealt with in a timely fashion.
· Have the ability to cover Operations Manager daytime roles in their absence (training provided)
· Responsible for the handling of cash on the night including cashing off and float checks.
· Responsible for the care and security of the building including locking up and management alarm systems.
· Working with the Operations Manager to further improve customer service and maximise sales on the night.
· Working with the Operations Manager to further improve and implement training of all operational staff to ensure that all Health & Safety and licensing requirements are maintained in specific regards to current legislation, (training provided)
· Must be a personal licence holder, Komedia will provide training if this is not the case.
· Attend regular operation management meetings to communicate and develop current systems.
· To produce effective reporting of events using show reports, and any other reporting available. (knowledge of Excel beneficial)
· Responsible for making sure any shifts under their management, are adequately staffed post rota. For example covering sickness or absence on the day. This also includes double checking the rota prior to publication.
· Excellent management skills
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Great Customer service skills
· Good understanding of various departments involved in running a venue, including: the bar, FOH, food, security, kitchen, tech, and ticketing.
· Knowledge of event Health & Safety
· Must be reliable and available to work nights and weekends
Please send CV and cover letter to: Stuart Keywood – [email protected]
Application period closes on: Saturday 29th July 2017
BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT 12-16hrs p/w
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handling ticket enquiries and bookings
• Answering the Box Office phone line and email address
• Generating sales for Komedia shows
• Face-to-face Box Office duties on show nights
• Liaising with external organisations and promoters
Must be flexible and weekend availability is essential.
Please send CVs to [email protected]
PART TIME CHEF REQUIRED.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Commis Chef to join the friendly Komedia team and work in the exciting atmosphere of an award winning comedy and live entertainment venue.
Our ideal candidate will have gained good professional experience as a Commis Chef in a restaurant, hotel or catering business and be someone now seeking new opportunities. It is essential that candidates are good team players and capable of working well under pressure.
We are looking for an experienced hard working, reliable Commis Chef for 16-20 hours per week.
You must be able to work Thursday to Sunday evenings
Job Type: Part-time
· Chef: 1 year
· High school or equivalent
Please drop a cv in or send it with covering letter to [email protected]