The Naked Comedy Workshop
Naked comedy (fully-clothed!)
A (REPEAT: FULLY-CLOTHED) workshop in physical comedy, improvisation, and lovable vulnerability.
Be more than Funny. Be Loved.
This workshop is aimed at deepening both your own brand of funny and your relationship to the audience. What is your unspoken relationship to the audience? How do you most effectively use your body for comedy? And how can you intensify and clarify both for even more performative power? Let’s find out!
Expose yourself (metaphorically speaking!) and make people laugh.
Expect the following:
- A deeper connection to and understanding of the audience.
- Discovery and exploration of your “sweet spots”: unique ways that you move/be (emotional/physical states) that the audience especially enjoys.
- More understanding of what “stage presence” means for you, and how to really harness your performative power.
- The beginnings of new characters and sketches.
- More wildness, more bravery, more vulnerability.
- Laughing a lot.
This workshop is ideal for improvisers, clowns/bouffons, stand-up comedians, actors, and anyone who wants to deepen their connections both to the audience and to their own bodies and souls.
Come dressed to move! Workout wear, no jeans. Read more about Deanna’s work here.
‘Deanna is like a sculptor. She molds your talents, quirks and insecurities into a character you can play through’ Estela G.
‘Deanna is uncanny at drawing genuineness and comedy out of every single person’ Andy C
‘I thought it would be fun. It turned out to be profound’ Content K
15+ // THIS SHOW TAKES PLACE IN OUR INTIMATE SPACE THE KOMEDIA STUDIO