Click here for an interactive 3D Map of Komedia Brighton (Created by Wired Media Technology)
Komedia aims to be accessible to all.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILST SOCIAL DISTANCING IS IN PLACE WE HAVE MADE SOME CHANGES – ALL INFORMATION YOU NEED IS ON THIS PAGE
If early entrance to the venue is required or you require any assistance at all please may we ask you to contact [email protected] so we can make suitable arrangements ahead of your visit.
If you are a wheelchair user or have special access requirements and book tickets online please make a note on your booking at checkout stage or email [email protected] so we make the necessary arrangements for you
– Assistance Animals are welcome in the venue and bar. A bowl of water can be provided. Guide Dog and Assistance Dog owners have important rights under the Equality Act 2010 (EA). Details can be found at assistancedogs.org.uk
– There is lift access to the two performance spaces.
– Both spaces are accessible via stairs and our lift. Komedia’s main entrance is ground level on Regent Street (level 1 within the building).
– There are fully accessible disabled toilets for Komedia Downstairs and the Studio.
– Our licence specifies the maximum number of wheelchair users that can be accommodated on each floor. We advise wheelchair users to book in advance to guarantee access and in order that we can reserve a suitable table for the party.
– The bars in our performance spaces have low-level access for wheelchair users.
– Large print menus and wine lists are available on request.
– Visually impaired customers are advised to inform us when booking tickets in order that we can reserve a table near the front for the party.
– Food & Drink Menus are available in braille.
– The downstairs performance space has a Sennheiser infra-red Hearing System. Please let the box office know if you would like to use the system when you are booking so they can reserve you a suitable seat and a headset.
By Train – Brighton mainline station is approx. 7 minutes away. Last train to London leaves Brighton 23:37, arrives London Victoria 01:09.
By Taxi – Taxis can drop you off outside the venue on Regent Street. The nearest taxi ranks are: East Street and on the corner of North Street & New Road (by the post box). There is a Freephone in the Komedia Café to arrange pick-up from the venue. Local taxi companies: Brighton & Hove City Cabs – 01273 205205 Brighton & Hove Streamline Ltd – 01273 747474
By Car – There are several car parks nearby. The closest is NCP – Church Street T: 0845 050 7080 Open Monday – Sunday, open 24 hours. Please visit their website for up-to-date information and prices. NOTE: There is no on-street parking within the North Laine area. Resident Permits only.
By Bus – The nearest Bus Stop is on North Street. Please visit buses.co.uk for timetables and prices.
Disabled (Blue Badge) Parking Blue badge holders may park behind Komedia on Regent Street (postcode BN1 1UL) with a badge for up to three hours on a double yellow line. Regent Street is a one-way street entering from Church Street.
Opening times –The opening time for the venue is always specific to the events we have on. Please check your ticket or show page on website.
Arriving at the venue –
Upon arrival you will find the venue entrance via our doors on Regent Street at the rear of the building. Any member of staff will be able to assist you if you’re not sure where to go when you arrive.
If early entrance to the venue is required pleased may we ask you to contact [email protected] so we can make suitable arrangements ahead of your visit.
Ticket collection – You will not need to collect tickets upon arrival, just print them in advance or show them on your phone when you arrive, if this is not possible someone will be on hand to help.
Access to the specific Venues
Komedia has two performance spaces, Komedia Downstairs and Komedia Studio.
Both spaces are accessible via stairs and our lift. Komedia’s main entrance is ground level on Regent Street (level 1 within the building).
Events in Komedia Studio
The Studio is located on level 1. Via Regent Street (no stairs) and also via the lift “level 1”. If you require the bathroom the toilets are located back on level 2 which is the same level as the entrance to Komedia on Gardner Street.
Events in the Komedia Downstairs
The Basement is located on level B. Via two flights of stairs (7 steps), and also via the lift level B. If you require the bathroom the toilets are located to the left-hand side of the room when looking at the stage.
Leaving the Venue
When exiting the venue please use lift or stairs to access level 1, which leads you back to the main entrance on Regent Street.
Staff will be happy to assist you if required.
Medical Requirements – If you need to bring any medication or essential food and drink to our events, we are happy to oblige. If you’re able to notify us in advance then it means we are able to advise the staff members working on the night. However, we appreciate this isn’t always possible and staff have been made aware that we are happy for provisions to be brought in to the venue in certain circumstances.
Strobe Lighting Policy – Strobe Lighting may be used for live music events and club nights. If we are advised in advance that a customer is attending who may be affected by the use of strobes, we won’t use them unless it’s specifically requested by the artist. If heavy strobe lighting is being used warning signs will be placed around the venue.
Sound Levels – Komedia operates a Noise at Work policy that adheres to the current guidelines from the HSE, some gigs are meant to be loud but they should also be safe, for this reason, we keep a close eye on dB levels and we also have earplugs behind the bar for every event.
Attitude is Everything recruit mystery shoppers and volunteers. You can find out more information here