Komedia aims to be accessible to all.
· There is lift access to the two performance spaces.
· There are fully accessible toilets for the Main Space and the Studio.
· Our licence specifies the maximum number of wheelchair users that can be accommodated on each floor. We advise wheelchair users to book in advance to guarantee access and in order that we can reserve a suitable table for the party.
· The bars in our performance spaces have low level access for wheelchair users.
· Large print menus and wine lists are available on request.
· We welcome all assistance dogs.
· Visually impaired customers are advised to inform us when booking tickets in order that we can reserve a table near the front for the party.
· The downstairs performance space has a Sennheiser infra-red Hearing System. Please let box office know if you would like to use the system when you are booking so they can reserve you a suitable seat and a headset.
· Customers who require the support of a companion are entitled to one free ticket with their purchased ticket. These tickets are available by phone 01273 647100 or in person at the Box Office.
If you are a wheelchair user/have special access requirements and book tickets online please call 01273 647100 (12noon – 6pm) or email [email protected] so we make the necessary arrangements for you
For more information please ask when booking your tickets or email [email protected]
TRAIN: Brighton mainline station is approx 7 minutes away. Last train to London leaves Brighton 23:37, arrives London Victoria 01:09. Click here for train times.
TAXI: Taxis can drop you off outside the venue on Gardner Street. The nearest taxi ranks are: East Street and on the corner of North Street & New Road (by the post box). There is a Freephone in the Komedia Café to arrange pick-up from the venue. Local taxi companies: Brighton & Hove City Cabs – 01273 205205 Brighton & Hove Streamline Ltd – 01273 747474
CAR: There are several car parks near by. The closest is NCP – Church Street T: 0845 050 7080 Open Monday – Sunday, open 24 hours. Please visit their website for up-to-date information and prices. NOTE: There is no on-street parking within the North Laine area. Resident Permits only.
BUS: The closest bus stops to Komedia are North Street and St. Peter’s Church. Click here for routes and timetable details. The venue is a 5 minute walk into the North Laine area from here.
The opening time for the venue is always specific to the events we have on. However we share the building with Duke’s at Komedia. They run the café in the entrance offering food and drinks from 10am, 7 days a week.
Arriving at the venue
Upon arrival you will find the venue located through the doors at the back of the café. Any member of security or café staff will be able to assist you if you’re not sure where to go.
If early entrance to the venue is required pleased may we ask you to contact [email protected] so we can make suitable arrangements ahead of your visit.
Once you’ve gone through the doors leading from the café as you come through you will see an open window to the left of some stairs. This is our box office where you can purchase tickets for the events that night (provided they aren’t sold out) and for future events too.
If you have pre-booked tickets please bypass the box office and follow the corridor round the corner. Here you will meet a member of our door team. You can show a print off of your tickets or your email on a smart phone. They will then tick your name off the list and direct you through to the respective venue.
If any medication or essential food and drink are required at our events we are happy to oblige. If you’re able to notify us in advance then it means we are able to advise the staff members working on the night. However we appreciate this isn’t always possible and staff have been made aware that we are happy for provisions to be brought in to the venue in certain circumstances.
Strobe Lighting Policy
Strobe lighting may be used for live music events and club nights. If we are advised in advance that a customer is attending who may be affected by the use of strobes we won’t use them unless it’s specifically requested by the artist. If heavy strobe lighting is being used warning signs will be placed around the venue.
Komedia operates a Noise at Work policy that adheres to the current guidelines from the HSE, some gigs are meant to be loud but they should also be safe, for this reason we keep a close eye on dB levels and we also have ear plugs behind the bar for every event.
Attitude is Everything recruit mystery shoppers and volunteers. You can find out more information HERE